Ijen Volcano Tour From Bali
Ijen Crater is one of favorite tourism destination in Indonesia, many local people and Foreign people making tour in Mount Ijen. Ijen Crater is located in the area of the Ijen Tourism Park reserve, Bondowoso and Banyuwangi Regency, East Java Indonesia.
This mountain has an altitude of around 2,300 meters above level of the sea. One of main attraction in Ijen is Blue fire phenomena that we can see it in the night. The Blue fire is ignited sulfuric gas, that emerges from cracks at the temperatur up to 600 C. The Blue flame can be up to 5 meter high. The gases condense into liquid sulfur, which continues to burn as it flows down the slopes, giving, the felling lava flowing.
There is no guarantee that you will see blue fire Phenomena when you visit Ijen crater because it is natural phenomena, this phenomena is very rare in the world. Regularly on Mount Ijen and Iceland. so that why blue fire so special.
Tour Program In Ijen Crater Tour
We will pick you up at your hotel in Bali around at 6 am, we can pick you up in Sanur, Seminyak, Ubud, Kuta, Denpasar or other places then we drive to Gilimanuk harbor that located in western tip of Bali for about 4 hours ( depend on the location of your hotel ). Afterward we cross to Ketapang Harbor in java island for about 1,5 hours by ferry. Arrive in Ketapanag harbor , Our driver will bring you to slope of Mount Ijen is known as Paltuding or post 1 to start trekking in Ijen Mountain.
The journey will take around 1,5 hours driving by private car, on this road you will pass rain forest and many plantations which is one remaining raining forest in Java Island with many species of plants, big trees and giant ferns. We need around 1,5 hours for escanding the slope of mount ijen to peak of ijen crater and along the path, you will enjoy the beauty of Ijen Mountain. After reach peak of ijen Crater, we will go down to the crater to see Blue fire phenomena that sending flame up to 3-5 meters.
We can see the activities of sulfur miners who breaks rock of sulfur with simple tools and put in baskets of bamboo, they will go up to the reach peak of crater bring basket of bamboo that full of sulfur as much as 75 kg on their shoulder.
We can also enjoy beautiful green lake of sulfate that view reflects spectacular view in the surrounding walls. After enjoy the beauty of ijen crater we walk down back to parking area where our car waiting us to back to your hotel in Bali island, on the way we can stop in local restaurant for breakfast and also we can stop in coffee plantation and jager waterfall.
Resume Tour Itinerary
- 09:00 : We will Pick up in Lovina Bali
- 09:00-11:00 : We drive to Gilimanuk Harbour
- 11:00-12:00 : Cross to ketapang Harbour by ferry
- 12:00-1:30 : Drive to Ijen Parking area ( Paltuding )
- 02:00-03:00 : Climbing Ijen Mountain
- 03:00-04:30 : Go down to the crater to see Blue fire
- 04:30-05:30 : Going up to the rim of crater
- 05:30-06:30 : Enjoy the panorama,Green Lake, sunrise
- 06:30-07:30 : Back to parking area
- O7:30-08:30 : Going to Coffee plantation, Jager waterfall
- 08:30-10:00 : Breakfast in Local restaurant
- 10:00 – : Back to Bali
If you need information,please contact us
- Cost of private car
- Cost of ferry ticket
- Cost of Full of petrol
- Cost of Local trekking guide speaking English
- Cost of Entrance ticket in ijen crater
- Cost of Gas mask and lamp
- Cost of Breakfast in local restaurant
- Cost of Pick up and drop service
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Meal ( lunch and dinner )
The rule to make tour in Ijen Crater
- The Ijen Crater is not allowed for traveler who has asthma
- The ijen crater is not allowed for traveler who has heart disease
- The ijen crater is not allowed for travelers who has a serious medical issue
- Not recommended for pregnant visitors
- Not recommended for visitors who has back problem
- Please check the fit and healthy before making tour in Kawah ijen